Wednesday, February 10, 2010

All in day's work

Dave's industry often puts me to shame. I'm not really lazy but I am a bit of a procrastinator. I've been meaning to catch up with all those little odd jobs that have accumulated since I moved into this little place for ages. I had to get up early this morning to take a friend for a hospital appointment and as it was such a lovely fresh day and I had a couple of extra hours to kill, I nipped into B & Q and the garden centre and picked up a few things. It's amazing what you can knock up when you set your mind to it.


Firstly, I thought I'd weed round the cracks and tidy up the edges a bit. I had a few sheets of neoprene pond liner I'd picked up at a boot market last summer so I scratched out a water feature down near the back fence. I'm hoping some newts will move in.




Nice that, isn't. Like the wall I knocked up on the left? My pointing's getting really good now! Still only 10.30 so I thought I'd put up a few shelves for the Private Eyes.



Just in case I have some friends round I also put in some occasional seating. The pine shop in town's closing down so I got them cheap. Had to make a couple of trips with the roof rack on so that took up a bit longer than I'd bargained for. Cheese on toast for lunch - yummy!


Now then. What does every man collect, always saying that one day it'll come in handy? Wood of course! I had a couple of bundles laying in the corner that were just crying out to be used. And what were they crying? You guessed it! SHED!!!!





Cor, look at that sunset! I can feel a cup of tea calling. Toodle pip.

9 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Dave said...

Hmmm...

6:24 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

Wow - so what's for tea?
Three home cooked courses using home grown organic veg (mostly tomatoes) and hand reared pork?
Dave would settle for nothing less after a hard day's knocking up

8:09 pm  
Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

Did you fix that dripping tap, though?

11:03 pm  
Blogger delcatto said...

...or that tapping drip?

11:10 pm  
Blogger Rog said...

Very good Richard!

I suspect Dave will come back with the Hanging Gardens of Babylon though - he's very competetive you know.

7:53 am  
Blogger Richard said...

I suspect Dave might be making some improvements over at the clubhouse.

Kaz, I actually made my own fish and chips, beer batter made with Mackeson. It was very nice.

Vicus, I'm rubbish with a washer. Luckily, being in social housing, I'm able to get a man in.

Rog, I've got the baskets ready

4:42 pm  
Blogger Zed said...

I'm the one with newts and you won't get any in a pond that large.

Otherwise, not a bad job.

6:33 am  
Anonymous MarkG said...

I bet you forgot to fill out your tax return, though...

Today's verification word: Thormace. A convenience store in Asgard.

12:38 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Mark, I did it manually last year. For once, I was on time. I still owe the buggers £200 in fines from 2007 for a late return. They actually owed me money, too.

3:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home