Thursday, September 14, 2006

Yelp


Why am I sitting here writing this with my feet up on the coffee table? Because ten minutes ago I felt something. Something near my kneecap, under my jeans. Something moving. I shook my leg. Then I stood up and shook my leg and was in the process of shaking my leg and undoing my trousers when S points and says "There he goes, under the bookcase". I thought I remained remarkably calm, considering.

About the size of a 10p apparently. Or an orange, depending on who's telling.

15 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Dave said...

It looked more like a small dog to me. A very hairy dog, with more than the usual number of legs. And large fangs.

6:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have gone absolutely nuts! Its a miracle you still have your sanity...

1:40 pm  
Blogger Vita said...

Great Gandolf's ghost! You poor thing.

2:44 pm  
Blogger Carmenzta said...

Be careful! He has to come out from under the bookcase some time!

4:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My experience of spiders is that they are emninently predictable. In a previous life there used to be one that ran across the lounge carpet from behind the fireplace to behind the sofa every evening at exactly the same time. In fact it got to the point that I would say to the ex to lift her feet up because it would be along any second and until I could be bothered to catch it, it invariably was. I will lokk out this evening around 11.30

4:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll even look out for it.

4:17 pm  
Blogger Susan Rix said...

OMG :-O!!! I knew I shouldn't have followed Sharon's link. Thanks for not posting a horror pic like Sharon did - hopefully I won't have nightmares tonight. ;-)

Sue :-)

P.S. I also had a feeling that spider would come back (in my experience it usually takes them around three days), I bet it's the same one...

6:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

must be one of my relations

7:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks. I am now levitating and keeping an eye out.

Andy, yes.

(For the bemused, my ex-colleague Andy, shares a surname with a character from Corrie)

10:08 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

You need one of these: http://www.gizoo.co.uk/Products/HomeGarden/Home/SpiderCatcher.htm

10:35 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can we buy one of those gizmos, Richard? I'll order it today, shall I?

11:40 am  
Blogger lee said...

You have given me a flashback to 12 years ago - the car broke down at night, had to hang about by the side of the road in the dark. At one stage thought that I felt something sort of scratching my leg - had a loose dress on. After getting back home about an hour later realised -ugghhhhh - arrgghhhhh!! that quite a sizable spider had made it's way into my bra (to any woman reading - doesn't that make you feel sick!!) Frigging sneaky spider, it was.

12:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A spider in your bra? Doesn't bare thinking about.

1:23 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh man. Now I feel all creepy crawly!

I've had close encounters with spiders large enough to toss a saddle over and ride. ::shudder:: Hate'em.

1:27 am  
Blogger Voltan said...

Voltan's evil plot to cause mass panic through spider mind-control is working. Ha ha ha! This pleases Voltan.

8:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home