Friday, June 29, 2007

News

Apologies to all those who don't like embedded videos but if everyone dealt with "news" like this I would be so very happy.



Next (with apologies to Chris Donald):

"It's fooer tharty-three at the Big Brother...howay and bollacks, this is shite pet, ahhm gannin' doon the pub foorra skinfull."

And as a postscript, I heard a couple of days ago that Freeview has overtaken BShiteB as the nation's favourite digital medium. Freeview's only failing is that it doesn't show religious programmes live cricket, apart from that, you can get the equipment for £20 in Tesco's and you don't have to pay £35 a month to watch stuff A) that's already on the BBC and other terrestrials, B) that's going to be on BBC in a month anyway and C)if it had been any good in the first place, already.

4 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

I have to disagree with you strongly, again, on the subject of Murdoch.
It is £45 per month.

11:12 am  
Blogger Richard said...

I'm so out of touch

7:41 pm  
Blogger Phil said...

Down here in the boondocks we don't have the luxury of choice in the matter - we can't get freeview (or channel 5 - for what it's worth!) so for the moment I'm sticking with terrestrial, much to the disgust of my boys! It seems likely that, when compelled to go digital (don't you just love this country!) I may have to succumb to a dish. I'm told that if you have sky installed and then default on the payments, they take away your card but leave the equipment, which gives you all the freeview stuff at no cost. That's what I'm told. I'm sure Richard would approve of that route!

7:48 am  
Blogger Richard said...

I do believe you can get Freeview via a dish now anyway without involving Murdoch at all. Phil, just keep them away from BSB, you can see from the comments section here the psychological damage suffered by some of my contributors in getting 24 or the Simpsons in a month before the rest of the country.

10:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home