Saturday, August 11, 2007

Twat

Quote from Jack Warner, the controversial vice-president of FIFA, football's governing gravy train body:

"Nobody in Europe likes England. England invented the sport but has never made any impact on world football."

Mr Warner is from that mighty footballing nation and nil times World Cup winners, Trinidad and Tobago. The impact he is currently having is that his personal activities are dragging the "beautiful game" even further into the mire of commerciality that is blighting it. Yet more disgrace surrounding the major working man's diversion. Mr Warner is neither a noted ambassador nor gentleman of the sport like for instance, Mr R. Charlton. Nor does he grace a defence or win the fulsome respect of his opponents quite like the late Mr R. Moore. He will be an easy act to follow.

Here's a nice picture of a sunset from last week.








8 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Dave said...

I liked Jack Warner more when he was Dixon of Dock Green.

Evenin' all.

6:17 am  
Blogger Richard said...

'evening all.

10:31 am  
Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

I really like that photo!

5:39 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

It's the view from my parents' back door, over the meadow towards the top orchard.

It's here

The round feature in the centre is a dried up pond, the picture was taken standing behind that looking west. That's an old aerial view, about 5 years old I reckon.

8:21 pm  
Blogger Rol said...

I know nothing about football, but I liked the photo. I might even have nicked it for my own blog... if you didn't live so far away!

9:21 am  
Blogger Richard said...

Rol, I don't usually live this far away, it's a temporary arrangement. I bought the camera for £4 from a boot market last year, largely because it still had a 256mb card still in it.

7:37 pm  
Blogger fluttertongue said...

That is a truly beautiful photograph.

4:44 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Miss Tongue, you are very welcome to stay.

10:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home