Saturday, June 21, 2008

Happy Anniversary

It's two years to the day since I took the picture I use as my avatar. Such a lot has happened in those two years, not all of it fun. That day I was fishing on my friend Andy's lake and I've not been since. I still have the hat, I still wear the shirt. The sun appears to have died as does my beard although that does make periodic appearances, mainly due to the inability of Wilkinson Sword to make a decent razor blade that doesn't cag up after one sweep (emergency buy. Don't. It's a wonder Britain ever managed to accumulate an empire using their weapons technology).

Update on the Equita thing below. I had a letter from Bexley Council this morning explaining their decision to cancel their arrangement with Equita, their appointed collections agency. Apparently Equita have covered their costs so Bexley have called them off (I dare say they got a bollocking but the council won't give me the pleasure of knowing that) and in the light of my current financial and personal predicament, the council have given me 8 weeks grace, which is good of them. Then they went on to mention the outstanding amount - an amount £5 more than it should be, presumably because Equita have not informed Bexley that they'd cashed the cheque for £5 I sent them a couple of weeks ago to get them off my back. Equita neither acknowledged the fact I'd sent them this cheque nor informed me that they would be cashing it. They now have the dubious accolade of being thieving bastards to add to their impressive status as bullies and obnoxious lying arseholes. The nice thing about all this is that I've been right all along. I have some more letters to write.

Bloke 2, Bastards 0

I'm now off to dance naked around the war memorial as the sun sets.

9 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Dave said...

You can do the dancing naked after today's match.

1:07 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Isn't it a bit wet or are we playing away somewhere nice?

1:27 pm  
Blogger Sharon J said...

And there was me thinking you were going to Morrison's!

4:42 pm  
Blogger Rol said...

Congratulations.

(NOte to self: avoid all war memorials for the foreseeable future.)

3:11 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Rol, it was a bit windy so I didn't bother.

6:25 pm  
Blogger zoe said...

Shit - my avatar is seven years old - will someone take a decent photo of me?

Mind you, I don't look a day older - apart from the glasses. They are just for fashion y'know.

5:48 pm  
Blogger Phil said...

My avatar (he said smugly) is 48 years old - more actually but I can't do a half in this text.

Blurguls !

10:14 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Remind me when I am up next to tell you Christines Equita Story. Outright liars who have managed to get a contract with most local authorities. Absolute disgrace of a company. Next time they harrass you mention Administration of Justice act section 40. You will be surprised how they suddenly offer you a goodwill gesture!!!

1:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Not even a loin cloth!? You're ballsy. Literally.

7:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home