Wednesday, March 22, 2006

On tour

Tomorrow evening we shall be venturing almost fully across the country to the North Lincolnshire town of Barton upon Humber to worship at the twin shrines of St Rock and St Roll. I need some loud because I haven't had a headache for a couple of days now since I started taking the Nytol and my sleep patterns improved. Nytol is pretty low down on the list as far as dangerous narcotics go (the bottle says overdoses are unknown so that will keep Doherty away from my stash) but it appears to work well enough. Last night I was sinking into a comfortable trance when Sharon's toenail brushed against my calf. I awoke with a start thinking I had been burnt by something but immediately went back to my slumbers.

We shall once more be seeing our good friends Sinnerboy perform their honest tribute to Rory Gallagher, a show I never tire of seeing because they are so darned good. My musical tastes are quite conservative when it comes to loud; one can't beat a good work out around a pentatonic scale to get the feet trembling and there was no better exponent than the great Celt. If anybody is around the area of the Carnival Inn tomorrow evening, please say hello. I'm the fat beardy bloke in the check shirt holding a pint and nodding my head. You're allowed to do that at my age.

We will be staying in the town overnight so that will give us the chance to visit some local sights. The Humber Bridge, Immingham refinery and the Humber Estuary will all be on the itinerary if time allows. I am though, definitely hoping to pop my cherry as regards visiting the only town in England whose name contains a full and complete spelling of our finest and most emotive sweary word and is consequently the scourge of every company profanity detector in the English speaking world. I refer of course to Scunthorpe. Boy, what a fun couple of days we're in for!

4 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Geoff said...

There was a kid at school who worshipped Rory Gallagher while I worshipped Mark Knopfler.

I was in the wrong.

1:30 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

You so are.

There's time.

1:36 pm  
Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

Have a great time! Take some photos and share them with us.

12:25 am  
Blogger Sharon J said...

Pity we forgot to take a photo of the luxury hotel room we stayed in but I'm sure Richard will soon be posting a couple of Sinnerboy in action.

Mark Knopfler's cool. There's room for two. ~Sharon

1:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home