Thursday, February 12, 2009

The Devine Wardrobe of Crewe


I am suffering from a headcold. It's extremely nasty and has kept me awake these last two nights as what's left of my brain attempts to break out of my left nostril. It appears to be achieving this with some degree of success.


Live-in pneumatic heiresses being somewhat thin on the ground in this part of Crewe I have been forced to administer my own medication. As I lay back on my bed and allowed Mr Beecham's powerful preparation to take hold, I took to staring at the 1930s bow-fronted wardrobe I inherited when I took over this property last April. It's a fine piece of furniture of which I have become somewhat fond. The cabinet maker presumably excelled at his craft and maintained the symmetry in the veneer exceedingly well and it's a joy to behold. And then I saw it, staring at me. I'd never seen it before; maybe it was the combination of Asda organic free-trade drinking chocolate and paracetomol playing havoc with my senses but it was starting to unnerve me. So I braved the cold and took a picture.
What do you think? What's more, can I make any money out of this?

11 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Rol said...

Is that the baby Jebus?

4:32 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

Not unless the baby Jebus had a Groucho moustache

4:42 pm  
Blogger Rog said...

Bedsitter Images used to be my favourite Al Stewart Album.

I thought it was a ghostly apparition and then I thought ....'snot.

(Unless it was painted by one of the Phlegmish School)

7:19 pm  
Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

Rubbish. And no.

9:15 pm  
Blogger KAZ said...

Just lie back and enjoy it.
It could aid your recovery - or maybe you'll just prefer to stay in bed.

11:58 am  
Blogger Richard said...

I do have to admit that my phone camera doesn't really do the vision justice. It is far more impressive when you've woken up at 3.30 and been staring at it for 30 minutes.

I also think it looks more like Inspector Clouseau than anything to do with Baby Jebus.

2:45 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think it was just too much paracetamol

3:14 pm  
Blogger Ian said...

LOL at Rog.

12:23 am  
Blogger delcatto said...

What are Beecham's adding to their cold preparations?

Mind you, if you can get Pope 'I'm not right wing despite my German antecedentants and diatribes against gays and others who will burn in the everlasting fires of hell' Benedict LLLXVth to give his blessing, you may be able to charge entry to the shrine and sell various sacred nicknacks. Glow in the dark Virgin Mary's may be popular.
Perhaps there is an organic extra in that Asda drinking chocolate.
Get well soon by the way.

11:47 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not only looking at you, it's MENACING you. Look at the hand in the top right.

10:40 am  
Blogger Richard said...

Cheers Steve.

12:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home