Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Salad Days

It was inevitable I suppose what with new year and all that. For the first time in my life I've put myself on a "regime". Granted it's not very strict but I need to do something because the alternatives don't bear thinking about. I'd rather people remembered me with phrases like "It was such a surprise" rather than "It was only a matter of time".

I've decided that I need to get down to 12 stones and that means losing 39lb. I'm not going on a diet, I'm just going to try and be healthier. More walks, better food that kind of thing. It means I'll still be able to enjoy a drink and the odd cream cake now and again. I'm also hoping that doing it in front of an audience, however virtual, will be the spur I need to succeed so you can watch, laugh and gloat as it all goes horribly wrong here or click the link in the sidebar.

I have a dieting companion: a few weeks back the vet said that pizza wasn't the best adjunct to our dog's diet. He wasn't actually referring to our dog at the time but I have to say it was remarkably prescient of him to hint that the rest of the family (not me, I eat all of mine) should stop feeding Poppy their crusts. Poppy has a dieting blog all of her own here so you can follow her progress as well. If you too live with a fat bitch and fancy doing something about it, you can join in as Sharon's done it as a fancy membership type blog. Clever, eh?

Must dash as I've got a salad to cook.

0 Vegetable peelings:

Post a Comment

<< Home