Saturday, July 22, 2006

Appeal

Warning: Please read the whole post before clicking the hyperlink

Can I urge all my regular readers (I've been to your blogs, you're all good sensible people) to go to this page and flag it as objectionable using the device in the top right hand corner (click on the "flag?" icon). This bastard turned up as a visitor to my pages yesterday and really does not deserve to share the same universe.

Please, and I really do mean this, if you are of a sensitive demeanour, do not scroll down past the first image of Khomeini. I have done it for you and while I am generally in favour of free speech, most of the images he has shown and the language he has used to annotate them serve no purpose whatsoever in the fight to remove sectarian terror from this planet. On the other hand, if you really wish to be shocked, go ahead. I do realise that by merely writing this post I will have excited curiosity but on balance, it is better to make these things known and get them removed before they influence somebody with the odd misfiring synapse to go out on the street and shoot anyone with a beard. While the images are truly shocking, they only serve to flag the poster up as being no better than the perpetrators of the foul deeds themselves. I suspect he has some deep perversions he is attempting to satisfy; he certainly does not seem the kind of person I would like to meet in any situation whatsoever. Indeed, however much we malign the government of this country, they have introduced laws preventing this kind of zealous incitement of religious hatred and he would be rightly incarcerated. That is a good thing. This though, really is the ugly side of the interweb.

Now go back and do my quiz.

12 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Geoff said...

I think I've done it (just clicked on "Flag?"). Nasty piece of work.

I would answer the quiz if I knew any of the songs. One of them sounds a bit like Dr Hook but I'm sure you don't like them.

3:57 pm  
Blogger Sharon J said...

I scrolled. I shouldn't have!

6:54 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

I did warn you, hun.

7:01 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

Duly flagged.

6:34 am  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

I really should have listened to you, Richard. Horrific! I flagged.

10:24 am  
Blogger Mark Gamon said...

There's one we DO agree on, Richard. I flagged all his blogs while I was at it.

Now I'm going to take a Gaviscon. I feel sick. And it's nothing to do with the snuff shots on there.

10:25 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've flagged it.Curiosity made me scroll down.I don't shock easy if anything feel a bit depressed that there are such nasty people in the world.

10:49 pm  
Blogger tom909 said...

Sorry Rich, not even going to look.

11:12 am  
Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

I went down the page too far as well! That is just wrong.

My ip address feels dirty now.

Once a man goes down that road of hate he is as bad as what he hates.

6:17 pm  
Blogger WithinWithout said...

I also flagged. Brutal. Agree entirely with you.

12:54 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I feel so ill right now...it's beyond words. Oh... I wish I'd not scrolled down.

5:54 am  
Blogger Frontier Editor said...

Flagged too.

I scrolled and realized that the same sort of know-nothing, anti-foreigner sentiment that's always been a treasured part of American culture back to colonial times is still alive and well. This guy is merley carrying on the same anti-Irish, anti-Chinese, anti-German, anti-Levant, anti-immigrant tradition that's run under this country like a giant sewer.

11:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home