Saturday, October 04, 2008

Gobsmacked

According to an advertisement on the Facebook, for a small consideration, I can get my teeth whitened online .

I am aware of some of the recent great leaps forward with technology; for instance, I now believe it's possible for me to travel around Stoke on Trent using only one donkey and that some commentators believe the building blocks for life may even exist somewhere in the New World* but this latest news is astounding. Somehow I doubt the advertisement's claims. Many times I have found myself slack of jaw in front of a computer screen yet I still need to brush.


What may be of more use to mankind would be a facility whereby those users of the library computers immediately adjacent to this one were able to apply the self-same online technology to clean their stinking trainers.




*I know. I read it in the Daily Mail Online. Phht.

4 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

You are wrong, again, to be cynical. I have seldom seen such sparkling dental appendages. Take it from me, whatever you did worked.
Prove it to yourself by grinning widely and for at least 40 seconds at every person you pass in the street on your way home. Make sure that your lips are at least 4cms apart when you do this.

10:42 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

I feel seperate, air-conditioned cubicles are the least our library system can offer computer users.

9:22 am  
Blogger Richard said...

Vicus, I've tried that. This secure facility only allows internet access for 5 minutes per day.

Dave, I'm really getting worried about the deterioration in your spelling since your retirement.

Word verifaction = fuxtaman.

5:26 pm  
Blogger Dave said...

It's not my spelling, it's my eyes. I'm almost blind in my left eye at the moment (another operation is due next week) and I find it impossible to see the screen clearly.

Individual cubicles was what I meant.

7:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home