Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Guinness Genius wanted

We have a problem.

Sharon went away to London and now her laptop won't work properly. Nor will her spare one which is currently being used by visiting daughter. Rather unusual since neither were used while they were away except for Sharon's when I fetched her mail every day and wiped off all the Japanese spam in the vain hope this would gain me bedroom favours. Last time I'm doing that.

She can receive emails using Outlook Express but she cannot send. She cannot use MSN Messenger. In fact, anything that requires an outgoing signal, even posting a comment or a blog post, is out of the question. She couldn't even upload a file to a Yahoo mail account and ended up having to put everything on a memory stick and doing it from mine. My laptop seems to be working fine. We all use a wireless router (4 pcs in all and it usually works fairly well)

We are on Tiscali broadband so she contacted them via their website. She received an email that appeared ostensibly to be in English but isn't really and was to all intents and purposes unintelligible. When are these companies going to learn? Useless bunch of idiots (I am moderating my language here).

Does anyone out there have any idea what could possibly be wrong? We both need the interweb for work, she much more than I and this is becoming a right royal pain in the rear.

4 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger West said...

Sorry Richard, as Woody Allen's father says in Hannah & her Sisters when Woody asks him "why do we have nazis?" "I don't even know how to work the can-opener...."

Someone will though...


Have a grand weekend,

Bob

2:32 pm  
Blogger Carmenzta said...

I'm pretty much out of this conversation. Good luck, Richard.

7:23 pm  
Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

Have you noticed how we are all hanging about at the back of the class, looking at the floor, muttering "sorry,sir, dunno sir".

7:32 pm  
Blogger Richard said...

And I feel like the PE teacher asked to take the German class. (Ian Thomas, 1974. "What's this about then? Duur Rine". General collapse of 3B).

I think you're on the right track Steve although the settings are all correct (or should be as they haven't been changed). I rather do think it's something to do with the two PCs having a rumble.

10:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home