Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Warning

I feel it is encumbent upon me to forewarn those of my readers who are from the former colonies and also those largely of the frock wearing persuasion, that there may be the odd break in transmission over the coming few weeks.

Very important things are about to get underway. Globally relevant VERY IMPORTANT things to right-thinking people. This is starting tomorrow. And let all those who watch rounders be informed that as this features teams from two continents, it's a little more like a proper world series. Hopefully wars will stop and people will sit spellbound and hold hands while watching the VERY IMPORTANT EVENTS unfold and the population of Asia Minor will be spared further sightings of the Foreign Secretary. Of course, if common sense had prevailed and it was live on the BBC then this might well have been the case.

Now, you should be making a stand against megalomania and consoling yourself with listening to Radio 4 Long Wave and watching the highlights of the VERY IMPORTANT EVENTS on the BBC each evening. Clearly not everyone is made from the same moral fibres as I am so, should you consider watching these VERY IMPORTANT EVENTS unfold on the Thieving Bastard's shoddy box of tricks instead, then do be aware that as well as further prosecuting the hostilities in the middle east you're also inadvertently contributing to the misery currently being vented on owners of Ford cars by crack-addled hoodied idiots desperate to watch biographies of Heather Locklear and endless re-runs of Wycliffe on the cheap. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

21 Vegetable peelings:

Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

I am sure you could afford a sky box if you cut down on the tranquilisers. That would put a stop to the sour grapes. Not sure it is a good idea though.

2:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friendsreunited aren't getting my money this year either after he got his share. Not that it's ever been any use, I must have been to school with the laziest and tightest bunch of sods ever. I will be tuning in the DAB as usual.

3:18 pm  
Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

You will be surprised how many people at Friends Reunited have ignored my messages. A less self-confident person might think that it was me with the problems.

6:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo you!

Am enjoying catching up on yer news... hugs to you & S

Rx

PS hope the cowbells are still clanging away

8:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heavens! Look, an anonymous who doesn't want to sell me anything. Everyone, meet Rae. She's a hippychick. And yes, I did actually put them up - honest - they're next to the clematis. Email is on my profile, all the old ones are dead. Have you spoken to herself yet?

8:49 pm  
Blogger Geoff said...

Insomniacs all over the country will be grateful for this aid to a good night's sleep.

1:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Geoff, you're forgetting that of course they will have to be listening to it for it to work. They will then wake up next morning having been made subliminally aware of the score and able to partake in conversations at work at a stroke eliminating the drudgery around earning a salary. It's the masterplan, my dear old thing.

1:47 pm  
Blogger Zig said...

Do you refuse to watch sky at other people's homes?

I'm sorry but watching Freddie in the wee small hours is worth every penny. (although a bit of an inauspicious start)

1:52 pm  
Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

Baseball seems so lame when you put it that way. I am ashamed to be on the wrong side of the pond sometimes.

2:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ziggi, I don't refuse it but the only person we regularly visit locally who has it, has it on most of the time anyway so it's difficult to ignore so I've yet to see the attraction, especially as she doesn't get the cricket anyway. I can't see the point of paying a ridiculous amount of money just for the cricket. The decent channels are on Freeview already and why on earth would anyone with half a brain want to watch Most Haunted? I will even occasionally pick up the Sun to have my prejudices about its readership confirmed and I'll watch the Simpsons occasionally too. Some things you can't avoid. I don't really like Vauxhall cars either but I'll gladly have a lift in one if it's raining.

2:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jed, there's nothing intrinsically wrong with baseball. It's as inpenetrable to an outsider as cricket is. It's just that it's based on a game played here by primary school girls.

7:14 pm  
Blogger tom909 said...

Richard, i applaud your stance against tyranny old chap, but as with any stance on any issue, the question is where do you draw the line.
Unable to answer this question I have decided that maybe there is no line.

10:23 am  
Blogger Cherrypie said...

I clicked on the link and now all I can hear is white noise. Make it stop. Make it stop.

10:11 pm  
Blogger Mark Gamon said...

This Ashes thing has got off to rather a good start, I hear.

Hope you're not feeling too miserable, round at Goatfood Manor...

12:35 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

As I'm on this side of the pond, I've no clue as to what you're talking about, I shall go back to sipping my eggnog and cozy up to the fire for a bit.

9:46 pm  
Blogger Vicus Scurra said...

Pamela, Richard is a man of principle. He refuses to invest in satellite television because it is all owned by the Dirty Digger. He therefore misses 87% of what is worth watching on TV, and is reduced either to celebrity mastectomy shows, or talking to his partner. Not recommended.

7:00 am  
Blogger Phil said...

What with the rugby AND the cricket we're not doing too well at present. It's just as well that 'Englishness' requires that we salute a gallant loser rather than an arrogant winner!!

As for TV, here in deepest Devon we only have 4 channels - freeview hasn't reached us yet (or Ch 5) so one is reduced to at least considering Sky...

7:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My laptop is dead. This is an old one and has limited capabilities. I can't blog on Blogger and can only post short comments. I have no email. I am surrounded by people yet feel as alone as one can be.

Bugger.

5:33 pm  
Blogger Phil said...

I feel for you dear boy! Rest asured - you are not alone....

10:59 pm  
Blogger Mark Gamon said...

Sounds rather liberating. My broadband is going down in about ten days time. I'm looking forward to the break.

9:52 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks

1:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home